Saturday, June 7, 2008

Quiet weekend

...as least for this blog. The heat's ungodly, I've been busy with work, and I've had other stuff to do as well, including occasional volunteer work. Next weekend is DC's gay pride festivities, and the week after that is Monster Bash in Pittsburgh, so I'll be busy but I'll try to post when I can. If I can manage it, I'll do some posting from the Bash.

So, what I've got going on...



I'm working, bit by bit, on a book of Clark Ashton Smith's "Zothique" stories, that should be required reading for anyone of the D&C persuasion. Maybe I'll review the stories individually.

I just got the second volume of the BBC "Father Brown" series, based on the mystery stories by G. K. Chesterton. I'll be doing a review of those in the future.

I just joined the local Friends of the Library group, and I encourage everyone reading this to look into doing the same where you live. Libraries are important, period. If there isn't a group supporting your local library system, maybe look into doing some volunteer work or make at least a small donation, even if it's just your pocket change.

And in my quest to entertain and inform with this blog, I'll post a couple of videos.

First, to entertain:



To inform, go to YouTube and look up their video series on how to organize and display a book collection. Alas, that particular series can't be embedded. Booo!

OK, I'm off to fix lunch and then visit the National Gallery....

No comments: