Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New Logo!

D&C is into its second year, so I felt it was time for a real banner up there, rather than just text. In addition to expanding my horizons as a writer, I've also been expanding my horizons as a photographer (obviously!), so I've got a lot of photos stockpiled on my hard drive. Experimenting with Picasa, I saw I could put some text in, and thought....hey! I can do a logo for the blog! So I found a photo I took of the cemetery at the Ephrata Cloister in Ephrata, PA, this past Christmas, and dragged up one of the jillion fonts I've downloaded off the aethernet, and here's the end result.

I may fine-tune this or change it as time passes, and maybe add some more photos here and there in permanent places (I have one that would be great for just above the links), so stay tuned.

And if you like it, hate it, or have suggestions, please chime in!

4 comments:

The Silver Spring Penguin said...

Like the new logo, but have a few suggestions:

(1) Increase size of type.
(2) Have you tried type in red? Might look cool.
(3) Possible to invert colors on photo, so that day turns into night?

Vagrarian said...

I want to experiment with the first two...never considered the third. Dunno if Picasa has that but we'll see. Thanks!

Ravensun Straysinger said...

If Picasa doesn't, Photoshop certainly does, though inverted colors doesn't do that so much as turn it into a negative.

Larger font, yes; red, no, not unless it's a rust-red... but gray... maybe. :-)

Vagrarian said...

Well, I managed to magnify the type...I'm still figuring Picasa out but so far it's been pretty handy. I may adjust the color of the font a bit, or maybe make the background sepia or b/w, not sure. And I may work on something else, we'll see...