Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A Quick Personal Note

I haven't been posting much lately. It's a busy season at work and it's taking a lot out of me this year, and when I am home and have time to read I've been reading slowly. And on my laptop I've had problems with a persistent browser hijacker that crashes my Firefox and also tries to hijack Chrome. Grrr. I'm experimenting with various possible ways of handling it. Right now I just zapped all my extensions on FF and seeing how that works out. I have a sneaking suspicion that one of my browser extensions may be the problem.

When I do go out, I don't want to think about anything and just enjoy myself. I recently saw a performance by the Orlando-based troupe Phantasmagoria, called "Wicked Little Tales," in which they interpreted various stories (including "The Raven," Dickens' "Captain Murderer," and others, culminating in a chillingly dark rendition of "The Jabberwock"). It was an excellent evening and I strongly recommend them if they're in your town, or if you're in Orlando.

I'm going to take it easy for the rest of month, blog-wise. I'll continue reading and sampling things and if I get something good and can get my browser to work long enough to let me post it, I'll get it up. But don't be surprised if you don't hear anything from me for a couple of weeks....

No comments: