Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday Night at the Cinema!

It's a cool night; autumn is waiting in the wings, and we're enjoying our monthly engagement of dinner and a movie. The restaurant has some new dishes on the menu, and the chef comes out to say hello and ask our opinion. After our usual haggling over the bill, and generously tipping the Portuguese waiter, we drift down the street to catch the show...

The usher takes our tickets, and we gather in our usual row, ready for the fun...

First up, a 1908 short from one of my favorites, Segundo de Chomon, "The Electric Hotel".



And here's a bit from the following year, from George Melies, "Le papillon fantastique."



And finally, here's a 1905 work from America, "The Mystery of the Missing Jewel Casket."


And the evening winds to a close, as we retire to the cafe down the street to share conversation over drinks...

Sorry if I'm late this month, and this isn't up to par. I've had a rough week; a chunk broke off a tooth, and it's been hurting like fury. Luckily my dentist could fit in an emergency appointment and I'm going in for a root canal on Friday. I know, sounds horrible, but I'm looking forward to some relief from the pain; I'm probably ruining my liver by living on Advil and booze. And then tonight I was using a new peeler to peel some potatoes for dinner and cut a chunk off my finger; once tonight I've had to wipe blood off my keyboard while I was typing this. In other words, I'm a mess. I hope to post more when I'm not spewing blood all over the place or rolling on the floor in agonizing pain....

No comments: